Tuesday, February 16, 2010

No replacement for mommy

Well, my bathroom has:
* two nebulizer cups and "fishy" masks
* two tylenol measuring syringes
* a thermometer
* one almost empty kleenex box
* one full ready to open kleenex box
* two kiddos wheezing and coughing and snotting all over

Yep, you guessed it. Both of the kiddos have been sick for the past four days. Miracle is proving to be tough and is quickly getting back to her normal, challenging two year old with an Attitude with a capital "A".
I have been forced to be a stay at home mom for the past two days and it has not been an easy task. Pete and I hope that some day, I can be home with the children but only getting to be home when they are both sick isn't ideal. You know how it is when you are sick. The days and nights become the same and if one isn't crying for mommy, the other one is. Daddy feels helpless. Mommy wants daddy around but nobody else seems to want him lately. This is by far the worst cold that Matthias has had and the breathing with wheezing, of course, is what makes me pray a lil' harder these days.

I'm not complaining, though, I tried to be so grateful for my time at home with my two lil' blessings. I have prayed my way through the nights and day today feeling so inadequate for the task of being a mother. The Lord really did whisper to me this afternoon by saying, "I created you to be the mother of Miracle and Matthias and you can do it with my help." Struggling to believe this whispering truth...when do parents get trained in teaching and parenting 2 year olds and a degree in nursing to be sure your baby isn't working too too hard to breathe?


So here's what I accomplished today:
*Miracle and I made a lil' picture about camping, fishing, and roasting marshmallows at the campfire. (It was the only project I could find in some old scrapbooking supplies).
*Miracle learned how to sharpen pencils and erase the writing on the paper.
*Miracle challenged mommy's authority and spent 25 minutes locked in her room with her potty chair because she wouldn't let mommy put her diaper on. Mommy won! And no she isn't potty trained yet.
*Matthias slept, cried, whined, coughed, wheezed, ate for 3-4 minutes, slept, cried, whined, coughed...my poor baby just isn't feeling well.
*Miracle and I whipped up some healthy applesauce muffins with hidden veggies in them.
*When daddy came home from work, mommy ran to the gym for a quick 10minute walk.

So, here I am it's 8:35pm and I haven't showered today, smell like baby spit up, wondering if I should stay home another day with Matthias because nobody replaces the touch of a mommy when you're sick...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. May you experience the breath of Jesus in your life.