Friday, January 6, 2012

Pains of childbirth continue....

NO I AM NOT PREGNANT!

But after last night, I have decided that the pains of childbirth continue for as long as one has children. It was a rough night (the order of happenings of my night and please note that I had not even gotten to bed yet when it all began):
*Nurse Malachi
*Miracle is up screaming bloody murder because her upper lip below her nose is so chapped that it is giving her agonizing pain.She was so terribly mad at the kleenex and how bad it hurt her but how bad she needed one constantly to stop the faucet.
So I took a quick trip to Walmart and thank God for boogie wipes and cool touch kleenex tissues and aquaphor...
*She was finally settled down in the comfort of my arms in our bed. She had to literally be in my arms and I was almost falling off our queen size bed. But isn't it amazing how comforting a mom and dad can me?
*Malachi is crying and hungry again.
*Oh great Miracle just pee'd all over our bed. Everything was soaked through to the mattress.
*Strip the bedding. Wash Miracles legs up with a warm wash cloth. Get her some new underwear.
*The hall light was on and so when we went into the kids room, Matthias woke up or was awake from his cold or the light or God only knows what...
*Both kids were complaining and wanted me to lay with them.
*Miracle needs more water.
*Matthias has a booger.
*Miracle in bed.
*Lay in bed with Matthias.
*Miracle wakes up and needs mommy to cuddle with her. I go to lay with her and she is painfully snoring to breathe through her super duper clogged nose that I cannot sleep...
*Back to cuddle with Mattthias who is still awake....
*Pete gets up to go to work. He worked at 5:30a.m. today.
*Matthias thinks its morning.
*Thank you God for Praise Baby dvd to lay and the couch and watch together...
*Malachi is hungry again...

Good Morning!
So, do not hold me to theological meaning or context of this verse for today but it seems appropriate that I write the same letter that Paul wrote the people in Galatians 4:19
"My dear children (Miracle, Matthias, and Malachi), for whom I again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you (and me, your mommy).

All I can do to grin and bear the pains of children is to hold this truth tightly in my tired arms from holding dear children all night and to pray that it penetrates my heart and exhausted mind that may lose it today from emotions...
Colossians 1:29 "To this end I labor, struggling with ALL HIS ENERGY which so powerfully works in me."

Thank you God that your word is living and active and the absolute truth that doesn't disappoint.
Believing you Jesus for all the energy I do not have.

AMEN

3 comments:

  1. Really, really good. I'm sorry for how hard things are, and yet...
    I so appreciate how well you share what God is teaching you — these deep and eternal things through the muck and mire are valuable for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - motherhood is interesting to say the least. Did you know you have to change your post to "three call me Momma"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good verse and so suitable to motherhood! It was great to meet you tonight. It was an encouragement to see your zeal for the Lord and to meet your family. Blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. May you experience the breath of Jesus in your life.