Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Whispers In Our Ears

I was hanging out with Jesus the other day; pondering His birth, the meaning of Christmas, and of course Mary, being the mother of Jesus. Matthias is my lil' four month old baby boy which makes this Christmas season extra special. I like to think I could compare to Mary in the eyes of God. My heart's desires are to be like Mary and ponder and treasure TRUTH ... to breathe in Jesus Christ. I often whisper to my lil' baby but after thinking of Mary and what she might have whispered into those lil' ears of baby Jesus...I whispered differently into my baby boy's ears this morning. It was worth being late for work today because I was with my son, whispering TRUTH, breathing words of life into his mind, amazed at the verses that came out of my mouth from memory...the LIVING WORD OF GOD. Matthias cuddled into my chest so relaxed and content as if he was listening to every word I spoke. Oh, how I know it won't be long and Matthias will be whispering back in my ear. I'm sure twas the same for Mary as she quickly saw Jesus grow up and began whispering TRUTH to her...and you know what? He's still whispering to those who BELIEVE. I don't know about you but I'm willing to stop for a minute and listen for the whispers in my ear from my Savior Jesus Christ. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. May you experience the breath of Jesus in your life.