Friday, April 1, 2011

Oh, thank you Jesus...

I'm often reminded by just listening and watching my 3 1/2 year old daughter of the things I do and say. Like today, when she was trying to climb onto the big bed in her room. It's a really big bed because it has a box spring and two mattresses on it because we didn't want to get rid of either mattress for visitors' sake. So anyway, today as she was grabbing at the sheets and climbing up she was struggling to make it up and finally she made it on to the top of the mattresses and said, "oh, thank you Jesus for getting me on to this bed."
It was a perfect reminder of all the times I have said, "oh, thank you Jesus...for shutting the garage door (it probably would help if I changed the battery, but it's more fun to sit in the driveway and pray with the kids); oh, thank you Jesus for this food., oh, thank you Jesus for this home, oh, thank you Jesus for this child..."
It's easy for me to unload with thankfulness for the obviouse blessings of life, but lately, I have been challenged in this earthly life to say,
"Oh, thank you Jesus for...":
  • this storm in my life where the wind causes my ears to struggle to hear you, and waves become so high I fear I can't see and you prove your sovereignty over and over again, revealing your presence in the midst of the storm
  • teaching me that I can not lean on my own understanding but I can lean upon your understanding
  • being the creator of marriage with a divine purpose in mind
  • confirming my reason for living is to glorify my Father in heaven and share the hope that only you can offer
  • calling me to holiness as you are holy; life is so much more than happiness.
  • ridding me of control once again and creatoring another masterpiece within my womb
"Oh, thank you Jesus for so much more than my words can express; you are the keeper of my heart and every tear I cry, every storm I endure, every humbling moment,... is worth it if it draws me nearer to you."

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations girly!!! So excited for you :) Missing you tons. I think about you so often. How about a catch up call in the near future?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. May you experience the breath of Jesus in your life.