Saturday, September 3, 2011

a new perspective on light days!

Now that I am just over 36 weeks, the nesting syndrome has completely set in and we are almost ready...well I'm tired and as I am writing this blog Miracle is standing in front of me with her mop and my mop saying "we have to clean the kitchen floor still." I think the floor will just have to wait for another light day of cleaning. So here is what our light day consisted of today:

*laundry
*getting the baby clothes out and picking out a boy outfit and a girl outfit for the hospital
*vacuuming
*organizing the tupperware cupboard
*playing at the park
*eating freezy pops
*dusting
*cleaning up the playroom
*uploading the pictures from the camera onto the computer so we are ready for a new beginning
*making sure the bills and filing were up to date
*painting Miracle's and my fingernails and toenails (yes, I was so desiring a pampering spa pedicure, but the home foot bath with bubbles just had to do once again)

So the real story about light days is this: the other night I was up for 2 hours in the middle of the night with Miracle after she had had an accident because she didn't get to the potty quick enough. So I cleaned everything up and we jumped back into her bed to get right back to sleep...God has such a way of preparing me for what is to come. Miracle wouldn't go back to sleep. She said her butt was still dripping and after changing underwear 3 times because she said they were wet and attempting to wear a pull-up which she said was too hot to wear...I was at a loss of what to do...I know that some of your are thinking oh she might have a bladder infection but it wasn't that she just likes to find ways to stall because her least favorite thing is sleeping (no kidding). So I laid there trying to stay calm thinking about the nights ahead where I am not only dealing with this crazy drama fest but nursing a newborn too. "Lord, I just want to go to sleep before I have to pee again." So, my greatest idea was the Kotex light days pantyliners that I had in the cupboard. Miracle was pretty hesistant at first but what 3 year old wouldn't love to put a soft sticker in their underwear? Worked like a charm! One fancy sticker for her underwear and we were finished with the light day in the middle of the night. The fun carried on for about 3 days of 'soft stickers' in her underwear but I think they are almost over.

So Miracle's light days might be coming to an end, but I am anticipating the 'light days' that I will have in the middle of the night coming so soon as my days and nights run together nursing a sweet precious newborn once again. And to take it a step further, I am praying that I can live in the light of the Lord even when my tired sleep deprived body and mind can't even think.

John 8:12 "...I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

2 Corinthians 4:17 "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweights them all."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. May you experience the breath of Jesus in your life.