Friday, October 5, 2012

A Selfless Word

It's 5 minute Friday and I'm linking up to keep myself accountable to blogging because i like to write and remember my journey...
Five Minute Friday

These are the rules for 5 minute friday
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

Now, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes to just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.

The word for this week is: WELCOME

Timer set
Go...

She's only 4. Almost 5 she would say. I asked her what she thought welcome means. She answered, "to have someone into your home; have them for a picnic." and then as I watched her sweet personality and listened to her soft joyful giggle, I recalled seeing her at preschool when I picked her up the other day. Two friends ran to her and hugged her as she was running to me. She loves her friends. She has always said that is her favorite thing about preschool.
So I asked her, "Do you have the most friends at preschool?"
"Yes."
"Why do you have so many friends?"
and she answered the most precious answer, "Because  they are special to me."
I think she gets it. She understands what welcome means...to know that God created each of us special and treat them that way. Welcome...it's a word that is selfless and she knows it at 4 years old. What a miracle she is to me.

Stop!

1 comment:

  1. I love it when the kids get things like this! I have a three and four year old and we were just talking about what they want other people to feel when they came into our house. I think if they knew the words, they would have said 'welcome', but they said things like 'happy' and 'love'. It's nice, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. May you experience the breath of Jesus in your life.