Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Kicking and Screaming...

From the words of my two year old:
"I don't want to put clothes on."
"No coat."
"Me not want juice in that cup."
"I want my puppy."
She threw her boots down the stairs...

So off I carried her in the cold outside temperatures (-11 to be exact) with her pajamas on, no diaper change since last night, no coat, no boots...just kicking and screaming...Thankfully, I had started the car so it was warm and daycare is only a block away...need I say more about my morning.

Oh in my own ways, I too am a two year old kicking and screaming trying to get my life all ready before I meet with God. Not allowing him to dress me with his armor, his grace, his mercy, his counsel, his will...but yet He too picks me up kicking and screaming because he knows I desire Him more than this life but my eyesight is blind and my ears become deaf to the things of Him sometimes.

My prayer today - Isaiah 11:2 "May the Spirit of the Lord rest on (Pete, Miracle, Matthias, and) Me; the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirt of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord." Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. May you experience the breath of Jesus in your life.