Friday, January 22, 2010

Snapshots

A few pictures of what has been happening in the past 7 days....

A cute lil' snapshot of Miracle...I heard Miracle waking up, making loud sighs while laying in bed (I'm sure she is just trying to get my attention). She is already, at the young age of 2, a snoozer and loves to stay in bed until the very last minute she can. So this morning I opened her room door to find her laying on her bed, her legs crossed, her head propped up by the pillow reading her board book "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep". She just looked up and smiled. Too cute!
Pete and Miracle went to Dairy Queen on a father/daughter date the other night and when they were leaving Miracle looked at me as she was leaving and said, "bye mommy, be good."

The baby snapshot of Matthias...we attempted to give him his first taste of whole grain rice cereal this past week. He was pretty cute licking the small plastic spoon with his lil' tongue just like a kitten (boy, won't he be impressed with that description when he's older). He loves to babble to me and is always trying to find Miracle in the room. I hope and pray that God blesses Miracle and Matthias with a brother/sister bond that can only come from Him.

It's that time again - I love to carry note cards with verses that the Lord gives me to claim and I've found some new verses to carry with me.
Here are the snapshots of truth:

Isaiah 25:9 And it will be said in that day: "Behold, this is our God: we have waited for Him and He will save us. This is the Lord; we have waited for His; we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation."

Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. (My best friend and I were talking this past week and she just said that when I am on the vurge of arguing or getting frustrated with my husband to say this verse out loud. It really hit me...I'm always saying that I know there is a war going on much deeper than we know or understand but this lil' practical might help me keep some perspective with my dramatic, passionate self.)

Psalm 119:73, 90a Your hands have made me and fashioned me; Give me understanding, that I may learn your commandments. Your faithfulness endures to all generations.

Ephesians 3:16-21 I pray out of His glorious riches He may strengthen me with all power through His Spirit in my inner being, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith. And I pray that I, being rooted and established in love, may have power together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses all knowledge - that I may be filled with the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to Him is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine according to His power that is at work within me, to Him be glory in the Church and Christ Jesus throughout all gernerations. Amen

Psalm 38:9,21,22 All my longings lie open before you, O Lord, my sighing is not hidden from you...O Lord, do not forsake me; be not far from me, o my God come quickly to me, O Lord my Savior.

I am so blessed I have been able to make it to women's bible study on Thursday nights for 3 weeks in a row now. We are studying Esther: It's tough being a woman. I am loving it!

A technology snapshot...gotta love cell phones. I was able to have a 3way phone conversation and catch up with my sister in-law and mother in-law.

A physical snapshot...my sister Lindsey borrowed me some 10 minute dvd workouts for moms and I love them. Finally, a workout that I can do every day!

I could share other snapshots with you about the past week. You know the snapshots that would remind you that I have enough drama and troubles of my own and that God is constantly refining and molding me to become like Him but I think I'll let it be this week. I liked this quote from my bible study, "God, in His mercy, chooses at times to retain only the snapshots He took when they (the various biblical people) were standing firm. Then, we can take those moments as beautiful examples."
Extending grace to myself this week and praying that in just a few ways Christ can use me as a beautiful example to my husband and my children of what it means to never stop looking at the snapshots of God's word and allowing Him to continually work in me, through me, and all for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. May you experience the breath of Jesus in your life.