Friday, January 8, 2010

Needed: A King Size Bed & Pajamas. Given: 7 Blessings.

I am in need of a King size bed after last night. Let me describe the picture from 3:30 am til' about 5 am last night: How "cuddly" do you think it was when you put my 6'3" 215lb husband, my 37lb 2yr old, me (what woman would tell anyone her weight...sorry), and 17lb almost 5mo old all into a Queen size bed? It was tight and it didn't last long, but what you don't try for a lil' peace and quiet in the middle of the night, I tell ya. The morning came too quick once the kiddos finally fell back to sleep in their own 'beds'(blessing #1).
I was able to have a short prayer time while I nursed Matthias this morning (blessing #2). By the way, if you haven't told me any prayer requests...leave a comment with them so I can pray for you too).
I am amazed at a 2yr old's mind these days. Miracle is remembering the pajamas and clothes she wore this past summer and is diggin' through her drawers every morning to find the certain pair she has on her mind to wear(mickey mouse, the monkey ones, the silky ones...). So for the past few days she has worn her pajamas to daycare. Yes they are a lil' small but I just put her actual clothes underneath so she has long pants and shirt under the shorter smaller ones. I wish I had taken a picture to post! So today I am thankful for pajamas (blessing #3) and in need of some more special ones because it seems to make it smoother and quicker for Miracle to get ready in the morning. When else in our lives, besides when we are two can we get away with wearing our pajamas? I think it's cute and funny and the last battle that I need to win with her.
My husband, as always, had my lunch waiting in the fridge for me to grab on my way out the door (blessing #4).
On my way to work, I realized I hadn't had even a sip of water to drink yet today and surprisingly my bottle of water that was in the car wasn't frozen solid but rather full of small ice chunks so I was able to have a drink of water (blessing #5).
I made it to work and even threw some makeup on my face(blessing #6 & #7).

And it's only 10:15am...more blessings to come and lots of work to do.
Back to work - I just couldn't resist the urge to write a lil' so I never forget these sweet memories and challenges.

2 comments:

  1. Yes - my dream bed in a King size also. Thanks for sharing your blessings .... in the midst of everday living. Six blessing by 10 AM. That is a heart led by His Spirit. It reminds me to count also....and to somehow wish for wearing PJ's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post, Elizabeth! praying for you. glad God has you covered!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. May you experience the breath of Jesus in your life.